Changes to 'Pay now' section on /checkout

Hi James, here’s the request thread as per the task (I added in some extra thoughts now that I had a proper look at the /checkout page) -

I am requesting two changes to the /checkout page to display correctly for students on how much they actually have to pay for their enrolment. This is to prevent confusing students when they proceed to the payment page and contacting us for assistance.

• One of the changes would be to have “Previous Credit” display as a negative number instead of what it currently is.

• The other change would be to display “Pay Now” to be “Total” - “Previous Credit” instead of replicating the “Total” price.

Example 1: A student has a previous credit of $33.00, and the class fee is $33.00 (after discount), it should say $0.00 to pay, not $33.00

Current Checkout | Credit >= Total

New Checkout | Credit >= Total

Example 2: A student has a previous credit of $105.00, and the class fee is $229.00 (after discount), it should say $124.00 to pay, not $229.00

Current Checkout | Credit <= Total

New Checkout | Credit <= Total
(Note: Could I also maybe ask if it can be simplified to remove the CC row as enrolling students will know they can pay by CC (or by voucher if they have one)? No problem if it has to stay there.)

Other thought I had was have "Total" be the full price total, then have "Discount" be negative as well too, that way it will look more logical of "Total" - "Discount" - "Previous Credit" = "Pay Now" but I'm not sure how much of a problem that may be so if it's too tricky to do, don't worry about it.

-James

I agree that looks confusing. With all the different font sizes in the above its no totally clear which ones you have changed to be what you’d like and which are the existing checkout.

I’ll ask our QA to check what our standard layouts include in this part of the checkout.